Firgrove Mutual Water Company|
10408 144th St East, Puyallup, WA 98374-4958
253-845-1542 - 253-845-4728 Fax
|Job Title:||Construction Worker I|
|Position Closes on:||Open until filled|
POSITION SUMMARY AND SCOPE OF RESONSIBILITY
Incumbent will assist with the on-site maintenance and operation of the Company’s water distribution system.
This position reports to the Superintendent and receives instruction and work assignments from the Construction Lead. This position may work independently or as part of a work crew. This position does not supervise other positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Installs, services, and/or repairs water lines, valves, hydrants, services, meters, and other water system facilities.
· Flushes water systems and performs maintenance on valves and fire hydrants.
· Services and maintains tools and equipment used to repair water system and facilities.
· Performs small asphalt and roadway repairs, landscaping, and utility locating.
· Checks for hazardous conditions and sets up barricades, warning signs, and other public safety devices, and controls traffic by flagging when needed.
· Completes work orders according to time and material specifications, and conducts final inspection of projects with supervisor.
· Responds to on-site inquiries and communicates with contractors and property owners regarding work being performed, and the impact work may have on property.
· Performs meter lock up and door hanger assignments.
· Assists in water system operations, monitoring, and maintenance of the Company’s wells, pump stations, storage, and treatment facilities.
· Able to respond to emergencies as directed.
· Will be assigned to 24-hour emergency call out duty once fully trained and functional in tasks required.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Duties are primarily performed in the field with exposure to extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time, confined spaces, automobile traffic, and various tools and equipment. Work involves exposure to fumes, loud noises, chemicals, pesticides, hostile animals, and angry customers.
This position typically requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, standing, reaching, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions for extended periods on occasion.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Set-ups, layouts, practices, and procedures used to repair and service waterworks systems.
· Concrete finishing, landscaping, paving, and erosion control.
· Safety rules and regulations. Confined space entry, trenching and shoring regulations, procedures, and practices.
· Standards and regulations used in the installation of water systems.
· Operating construction equipment such as boring machines, jackhammers, air compressors, and cut-off saws.
· Operating hand tools.
· Assessing the quality of water system installations.
· Reading blueprints, as-built sketches, and maps.
· Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels, with internal and external customers and with the public.
· Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
· Prioritizing work assignments and meeting deadlines.
Experience/Education: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One year experience in utility maintenance and installation operations with a water purveyor or in the construction industry preferred.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
Possess and maintain:
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Company and its insurance carrier.
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License with Commercial Class B Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement within one year of employment.
· Certified Flagger within one year of employment.
· Certified Water Distribution Specialist within one year of employment.
· Industrial First Aid and CPR Card within one year of employment.
 Required at the time of application
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Firgrove offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and may be changed or amended at any time to meet the needs of the Company.
The statements contained in these job descriptions reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload. Firgrove Mutual Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.